At Middle Eastern restaurants I always noticed roasted cauliflower pitas but I never order. I decided to make it at home after seeing it’s recipe here:
I used spring mix, reddish, beetroot and tomatoes to fill in along with roasted cauliflower and potatoes. Roast more cauliflower and potatoes because you will end up eating them on the side since it taste so good by itself . I love roasted cauliflower.
Emotion that’s associated with heart is joy. So do something that brings joy to you.
Every time I see pictures of my walk with lions in Africa , it brings joy to me. So posting picture with them.
Happy Valentine’s Day !
Recipe source as shown in picture : Ayurvedic Cooking for Self -Healing by Usha Lad & Dr. Vasant Lad.
Dr. Lad is a pioneer in Ayurveda and has done excellent work in spreading Ayurvedic knowledge.
Here’s the steps I followed for soup :
- Clean fresh spinach leaves , few cilantro leaves. Blend them with water , green chili and fresh ginger according to your taste.
- Heat ghee in a pot. Crack mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Add few curry leaves and hing.
- Add puréed spinach , salt. Simmer for some time. Add Black pepper according to taste .
- Soup is good for asthma, as a blood builder and decongestant according to book.
Starting a meal with soup is a good idea and this soup is so easy to make and take few minutes. Good for vegetarian women who are looking for iron rich food.
Broccoli is very handy when you want a healthy, quick side dish or healthy ingredient to throw in something . It has good fiber which you will realize next day and is nutritious too. I like to steam some as a side dish to go with Bataka poha too.
This curry goes well with roti and it’s so quick to make . Here’s the simple , efficient way to make. And eat it right away.
- Heat a tsp of oil. While oil is heating , chop tomatoes roughly.
- Add cumin seeds to oil. Once they crack, add tomatoes and cook.
- Now start cleaning broccoli florets .
- Add dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add broccoli florets , salt and mix. Add little water.
- Cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes. You want to cook broccoli just right.
- Serve with roti , paratha .
- It’s easy to eat good , yummy food and it’s quick too.
After work, I stopped by at a grocery store and this store was on the way to home so I always went there and so knew owner . He told me something very interesting that day . He said “he puts out vegetables that’s going bad on sale on a certain day and all this ppl who come to buy , come in luxury cars. Why don’t they spend money on buying fresh vegetables? ” Well, he had a point .
People invest in things , not in life. Invest in life , what is important. Good food is investing in health. If you invest in health then you will be able to do things you enjoy in life . Aging cannot be stopped but we can still work on maintenance.
Picture is from Chinese New Year Celebration where I did India table .