What does Ayurveda mean ? Veda meaning science and Ayu meaning life span / life . Any food that gives life is Ayurvedic. We make everything so complicated and end up going away from truth. Keep things simple. Simple recipes that takes little time in kitchen are most of the time much life giver . Today’s soup turned out so good that I had to share the recipe. I had 3 big bowls.
Soup doesn’t mean open this and that can and boil.
Soup meaning for me is add all the fresh vegetables , simmer with lots of water and mash little bit. Here’s how I made today.
- Heat very little olive oil, add chopped garlic . Fresh by the way not from bottle.
- Add chopped red onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add bay leaf.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes and sauté few minutes while you cut all vegetables.
- I added chopped Bok Choy stalk , carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower.
- Add lots of water. Add a piece of fresh ginger , salt and pepper.
- Boil and then simmer on medium/low for an hr while you vacuum or finish other chores.
- Take a potato masher and mash some veggies inside. Yum !
- I love cilantro and so threw few leaves in it.
- Drink it up. It’s so good. It has little kick because of spices which I loved.
- It’s winter time so soup is always a good idea to start the meal with. Or sometimes it’s good to just have some soup and give stomach a break.
- Let me know when you try it .