Sweet potatoes are on sale everywhere and they looked like new fresh crop. So obviously I bought them. You can always figure out recipe later. They are rich in vitamin A also. During holidays here , mashed sweet potatoes are popular and halwa is little Indian way of making it. Try it this new way to impress your holiday guests or just something new to try.
Recipe is pretty simple.
- Boil sweet potatoes and peel, mash it.
- Heat unsalted butter or coconut oil and sauté mashed sweet potatoes for few minutes to make it little dry.
- Add little milk and cook again to make it little dry. Add little sugar. Since potatoes are already sweet, you just need sugar for milk portion.
- Let it all come together like a mass.
- Add some cardamom powder.
- On the side , roast some cashew in butter. And garnish halwa with it.
- It’s still sweet so portion control. What I like is that it will have some fiber and vitamins too.
- Make sure you go for a walk before , after eating holiday meals.
- Merry Christmas!!!