Mint bonanza is still going on. Do you know Mint is good for skin too? I think my skin is shiny because of mint am eating . Ok so made mint rice today with lots of vegetables in it. Here’s my version of mint rice.
- Cook basmati rice with salt , little coconut oil and keep it aside. Mine got little over cooked .
- Mint paste: Fun part.. pick mint from garden or pot . Rinse and take just leaves. Throw it in a magic bullet . Add some cilantro leaves if you like. Throw a piece of ginger , garlic , green chili according to your taste and make a paste with little water. Keep the paste on the side .
- Heat oil in another nonstick pan. Crack some cumin seeds. Add some dry spices like clove , bay leaf.
- Add chopped onion and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and cook.
- Now add veggies you like. Cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, potatoes, green beans, paneer , tofu, mushroom. Add salt.
- Cover and cook just right . Don’t want veggies to be mushy.
- Add mint paste and sauté for few mins.
- Add rice and carefully mix everything.
- Garnish with cashews.
- Hold on now… cover the pot and go for a walk while all flavors mingle with each other.
- When you return, enjoy mint rice.