Let’s be clear first. This is Buckwheat idli and it taste like Buckwheat. No comparison. Comparison starts war so stay away from it.
Idli turned out very soft and spongy. It will taste good with chutney and sambhar on the side . Or do seasoning and add spices to batter before steaming. Here’s how I made it.
- Rinse and Soak 1/2 cup Urad dal with 1 cup of Buckwheat groats. Found groats in Indian store but available on Amazon too. Groats have to be raw. And yes add few methi seeds.
- After 5-6 hrs, grind everything and let it ferment.
- Make Idlis like you do generally.
- Remember again , it’s Buckwheat Idli.
- Google Buckwheat benefits and you will start liking it.