Don’t judge the book by cover . Here don’t judge a dish by picture. I take bad photos of dish. Poppy seed also know as Khus khus is made into curry and I used to love this dish growing up. First time I made it and having it after probably more than 2 decades . I still loved it and I was able to get same taste . Here’s how I made it.
- Soak 1/4th cup poppy seeds in water for an hr. Drain it and grind/blend with little water .
- Heat mustard oil and add 1 big finely chopped onion. You need good amount of onion in this curry. Sauté until brown.
- Add red chili powder, little bit coriander- cumin powder, ginger garlic paste. Add salt but be careful. Add only little.
- Add poppy paste and cook few minutes.
- That’s it. Easy breezy and very tasty.
- Goes very well with roti. I am limiting wheat in diet but this curry I had to eat with a roti.
- Warning : If you have a drug taste coming up, don’t eat this curry day before. It will show false results.