One of my favorite activity is browse recipes , cooking videos since I like to try new ingredients, new ways or healthy ways to cook. I saw recipe of Thai peanut sauce and not finding now but I made using almond butter. It’s a 1 pot simple meal but yummy and good to take to work for lunch. Here’s how I made:
- Heat olive oil and sauté chopped garlic, add little ginger too.
- Add chopped onion, veggies you like. I added lots of them like chopped carrot ,colored pepper, zucchini, bok choy. Season with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Add vegetable stock and then spoonful of almond butter. Let it boil.
- Add some protein. I added tofu but you can add some chickpeas or any beans you like.
- Add soba noodles, cover and cook.
- If you like soupy then add more stock .
- Once done, add some crushed chili pepper and lemon or lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro. You can also add some almonds or peanuts for crunch.
- I love that it only needs 1 pot and to eat also just 1 bowl. And goodness of all veggies.
Easy breezy sunny breakfast. Remember brown coconut I buy and store pieces in freezer? They are so useful . Coconut milk is very tasty and easy to make at home if you have coconut and it’s easy to find coconut now a days . Mango is also everywhere now. Here’s how i made it:
- Take few coconut pieces in blender, add some warm water and blend. Now strain.
- Take a bowl with chia seeds, add your coconut milk, add some left over pulp back. Fiber is good. And you will have some coconut pieces to chew. Remember digestion starts in mouth.
- Add fresh chopped mango.
- That’s it. Skip extra sweetener.
- We got so used to everything extra sweet that we don’t taste natural sweetness.
- You can mix coconut and chia at night and just add mango in the morning .
- Sometimes I take this to work for a breakfast.
Everything we do is abt life and can teach us something new. As I was making Buckwheat bread , and had realized you can only add little bit Buckwheat flour because it has strong chalky taste. I was contemplating why I should bother adding little. Jesus came to rescue and realized that we don’t need more of everything. It just has become our tendency to have everything more which includes more money, more cars , more status … list is endless.
Same way, to make life happier or to start with a day, we just need to spend 5 mins everyday doing something we enjoy. Whatever it is that you enjoy.
So made banana bread happily just the way I usually make . But replaced 1/4 th flour with Buckwheat and it made a huge difference and bread taste more wholesome.
Do you spend 5 mins a day doing things you enjoy? Start now.
Do you volunteer, participate in community or @ work events ? It’s ok if you don’t want to. But no time could be just excuse . Companies have so many programs for personal , professional development, volunteer opportunities, fun events. Find the things that interest you and just go for it. Doing some good karma always makes one feel good. You get to meet ppl who share your interests and you learn new things. It’s easy to do at work because you are doing in working hrs and companies give you those volunteer hrs. Learn to take advantage.
I represented Asian group at my work location for diversity fair . I made mango bread and it was nice to see people’s reaction as they taste it . Oh .. yum… this is good. Yes , I made a mess when I made it since butter in microwave spilled everywhere and it was so hard to clean it. But it was all fun. Here’s the good outcome.. I was asked to publish the recipe in our newsletter. Isn’t that awesome ?
I also learned some marketing skill from another lady who was next to me representing some organization. There were ppl who wanted to come learn yoga , Ayurveda . Overall it was fun and made me happy.
Let’s be clear first. This is Buckwheat idli and it taste like Buckwheat. No comparison. Comparison starts war so stay away from it.
Idli turned out very soft and spongy. It will taste good with chutney and sambhar on the side . Or do seasoning and add spices to batter before steaming. Here’s how I made it.
- Rinse and Soak 1/2 cup Urad dal with 1 cup of Buckwheat groats. Found groats in Indian store but available on Amazon too. Groats have to be raw. And yes add few methi seeds.
- After 5-6 hrs, grind everything and let it ferment.
- Make Idlis like you do generally.
- Remember again , it’s Buckwheat Idli.
- Google Buckwheat benefits and you will start liking it.