Yes yes am on moringo band vegan. I had bought huge bunch and so trying out different recipes. I also bought seeds from amazon so I will even plant them. Again recipe is from vahrevah and it’s very simple. I made some changes. Here’s what I did.
- Soak brown rice with tuvar dal and Chana dal adding few whole red chilies. I used same quantity of rice and 2 dals. You should be able to use any dal you like. I soaked for 3-4 hrs.
- Before blending, add few curry leaves and I added few small pieces of coconuts. Blend everything with little water. Keep it thick and coarse.
- Add salt , little hing and lots of chopped moringa leaves.
- Now cook on tava. First time cover with lid and second time cook uncovered. It takes time to cook.
- Enjoy with chutney and sambhar. I had with y’day’s left over moringa dal.
- You can make batter previous night and make in the morning for breakfast to eat with chutney.
- I think you should be able to make methi puda replacing methi with moringo.
- Moringo/drumstick leaves are very nutritious if you don’t know yet.
Here’s the link: