At restaurant, whenever I order pad Thai , I ask for more veggies but it comes with just more tofu and I always find it too sweet and oily. So finally took the matter in my hand. Well actually, accidentally I saw pad Thai recipe on Indian channel and so thought of making it.
It’s more of preparation and actual cooking time is very less
- Cook or soak pad Thai noodles according to pkg. it takes around 30 mins so don’t wait until meal time.
- Keep sauce ready in advance too. I made with soya sauce, tamarind paste, vinegar, raw sugar , red chili powder and crushed garlic. Pad Thai is sweet , sour and spicy so adjust the sauce accordingly.
- Chop veggies like green onion, broccoli bok choy , colored peppers, Julianne carrot. Wash sprouts and keep them ready. Don’t be skimpy with vegetables.
- Cut tofu in bite size and sauté in oil just like paneer. Season with salt and crushed pepper.
- Not put your chef hat on .:-) Heat olive oil or sesame oil. Sauté all veggies on high heat for few minutes. Keep them crunchy.
- Add tofu and half of sauce.
- Add noodle and add rest of the sauce. You can add some chili garlic sauce.
- Garnish with green onion and crushed roasted peanuts.
- Turned out good. It wasn’t like restaurant so don’t compare. I liked that it was less sweet and oily. And I got lots of veggies in it. Good to take left over for lunch.
- Vegetables are lightly cooked so they retain nutrients which I like.
- What are you waiting for ? Put ingredients on grocery list and go shopping.