Had this dosa at my friend’s place who is from south India and i really liked it. I had never seen this kind of dosa before so I took a picture and got recipe from her. Basically it’s mix of rice and different dals. Here’s my version with the picture:oops I already took a bite .
- Soak rice and mix dals together for few 5-6 hrs. Ratio is half rice and half mix dals. I used brown rice and mix of mung , Chana and Tuver dal. I added more of mung dal than other 2 dals. You can use any mix of dals you like but every combo will taste different.
- Grind mixture and keep it little thicker than dosa . This dosa needs to spread little thicker. Add salt.
- Keep finely chopped red onion ,shredded carrots , chopped green chilies handy.
- Heat tava, spread batter and then sprinkle veggies.
- Let it cook well and then carefully turn.
- To remove from tava, take a plate and cover tava with plate and then quickly invert. Be careful.
- Fold like dosa and server with peanut chutney.
- If you want to put cheese, do at the end. I did 1 with cheese and it tasted good though am not much into cheese.
PS: I deleted fb page just lunch ideas but fb will delete after 14 days.