- First most important lesson: Bags didn’t come and we had to live off hand bag for a week. So make sure you have things needed in carry on bag. Medicines, clothes , winter wear, safari hat, women stuff etc etc. When we finally got bag, some stuff was stolen. Even carry on bag , lock it b/c sometime last moment they take your bag.
- We went in July and so it’s winter there. Morning and evening are cold and even in day time you need full sleeve and if u r like me who is always cold , keep jacket sweater , scarves, gloves everything with you all the time .
- On the game drives, early mornings are cold, windy so protect yourself well.1 of the game drive was so bad towards end that my nose started bleeding.
- If you have motion sickness , be careful and be prepared. Safari roads can be bumpy .
- Mosquitos will be there at some places so we took some bracelets we found on amazon.
- Always drink bottle water and use bottle water to even rinse mouth.
- Take some basic medicine, herbs that you regularly use at home just in case .
- Take a camera with good zoom if you want to take good animal pictures. I had bought new camera with good zoom and got beautiful pictures that everyone who sees is impressed.And am able to print and frame it to use as wall decode.
End of the day, it’s the same precautions you take on any travel. Safaris are fun and if you want to go on one , start planning. If anyone needs our travel agent , ask. Our travel agent kept an eye on our flights and stayed in touch with us for all 3 weeks and gave us some good local suggestions too.
Hope this helps .