Unless you are really a good experienced cook, to cook for a group is a concern. I can cook for few ppl but too many ppl and I will need help or if it’s sudden then I will be lost. This weekend it was with a 1 day notice so I decided to go Mexican which is easy.
So what did I do? Set up a table for make your own burrito. Made black beans home. Rest is all salad ingredients so just chop.Here’s my list:
- Cooked blacked beans .
- Home made mashed avocado with lime juice , cilantro and salt.
- Sautéed mushrooms and spinach in olive oil for healthy eaters.
- Chopped tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce.
- Cheese and sour cream.
- 2 types of Salsa.
- Sliced mango and strawberries for dessert.
- After cooking and draining black beans , had this nutritional water left so I made simple soup with it.
- Sautéed chopped garlic in olive oil. Add chopped carrots and tomatoes and cook some. Add black beans water with few beans too. Throw some corn. Boil. Season with cumin powder and chili powder and salt.Garnish with cilantro.Thats it and it was a hit. We have some soup lovers so they finished it. Starting a meal with soup is a good idea.
- Someone brought Mexican pie.
- It was fun Mexican theamed food , was easy breezy and we all had lot of fun and laughter.
- Laughter is a best medicine .
- Enjoy !