Summer is almost here and if you end up with lot of cucumbers either from garden or store and tired of salad, sandwiches here’s 1 more idea. Cook it with spices. Here’s my recipe:
- Heat oil and crack few mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add chopped cucumber. Remove skin if it’s too thick.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add some crushed raw peanuts. It will get cooked with cucumber. If you have roasted peanut , then add at the end when cucumber is all cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Makes a good side dish to go with roti.