Are you the kind of adult who has to drink milk every day? Do you know what all kind of dairy products you eat everyday not realizing it’s after all dairy? All that butter , cheese , ghee ladden sweets, paneer etc etc. Hope you got the idea. Then try to go vegan for a week and see how you feel just for an experiment. Be your own judge and don’t cheat yourself. Be honest to self. Well, I thought of doing it myself but I hardly eat dairy. Only half cup milk as part of tea.
Am not paneer or dairy fan so my palak paneer always is without paneer. Everyone knows to throw chickpeas in it but Lima beans tasted really good. Here’s my simple vegan recipe.
- Heat peanut , coconut or olive oil and crack few cumin seeds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
- Add your spices and sauté for few seconds.
- Add fresh cooked spinach purée. I used fresh spinach bunch .
- Add cooked Lima beans and simmer on medium heat for few minutes.
- Simple , isn’t it? Tasted really good.
- If you are trying to diet, add more water and make it more soupy.
When you find something good , what do you do? You want to share with ppl around you , right? It comes naturally. I went on a trail to walk in lunch time at work, then it occurred to me that I should show this trail to whole team. So I took the picture of trail and as soon as I got back to my cube, I sent an invite to the team for the walk. Most of the team accepted immediately.
Today was the day when we walked in lunch time for an hr. And most of the team showed up excited including mgr. Everyone had fun, liked trail and thought it was a wonderful idea.
If you enjoy taking a walk at work or know who goes for a walk , then join them or take others too .We sit all day long so it’s good to walk in lunch time. Little walks goes a long way. Am sure everyone has heard “walking is the best exercise “.
Enjoy Walking , strolling around !
Summer is almost here and if you end up with lot of cucumbers either from garden or store and tired of salad, sandwiches here’s 1 more idea. Cook it with spices. Here’s my recipe:
- Heat oil and crack few mustard seeds and methi seeds.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds.
- Add chopped cucumber. Remove skin if it’s too thick.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add some crushed raw peanuts. It will get cooked with cucumber. If you have roasted peanut , then add at the end when cucumber is all cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Makes a good side dish to go with roti.
For some time now, I see ppl carrying nice lunch bags to work and designs are so pretty. But I never bought one b/c it’s 1 more thing to carry even though I do take lunch most of the time. Finally I bought one. Isn’t it cute? It made fun to pack lunch. Sometimes just having nice bags, nice containers make a big difference. So what did I pack?
- Left over enchiladas in glass container so I can reheat in microwave.
- Small plastic container with salad. Some lettuce, chopped cucumber and radish.
- Small container of washed blackberries.
- 1 apple.
I showered off my new bag to colleagues. Come lunch time, 1 of the colleague asked if I would like to carry my new cool lunch bag to cafeteria and eat there. It was easy to walk with this bag now.
If you don’t have one, try it out and see if you also enjoy it. I bought mine at Tjmaxx and it was only 9.99.