A good human being means one who has learned how to integrate body, mind and heart: healthy body, a sound mind and a good heart. – excerpt from book.
What can you do for others? If you do not create any barrier, any hindrance, any problem for others, let them grow. Let them unfold; let them tread the path of light. That is the greatest help that you can give . It’s called minding your own business. – from book.
I have to confess I loved “minding your own business ” part. I find myself saying this now and then that I mind my own business.
This book made sense to me and so wanted to share. It’s best to put theory in practice, experiment and then you truly learn.
Do you know walking clears head and that’s when you get wonderful ideas , solution to problems? This post idea came while I was taking a walk.
After work when you are tired, energize yourself with prana mudra. If you take Bus or train then you can also do during that time. Relax, breath , if possible close your eyes and do prana mudra. Observe how you feel !
Am not sure if I have posted this idea before that I had seen on master chef India. Contestants were asked to make pizza with Indian flavor or something like that . I make Mexican style pizza using Indian rotla. What I like is rotla we make fresh which taste really good and then you top with your favorite ingredients.
- I made rotla using corn flour and the reason I am using rotla is because they are thick and so makes a good solid base. You can also use jowar/sorghum rotla. Make rotla little small in size.
- Put lettuce leaves on top of rotla.
- Now put black beans seasoned with salt and cumin powder. Or you can use kidney beans but mash them little.
- Top with salsa or chopped tomatoe , onion, cucumber, cilantro.
- Add chopped avocado and cheddar cheese.
- Take a bite. It’s really good.
- It makes good filling wholesome meal.
One of my colleague had told me abt pupusas a while back and since then I have been thinking to make them. It’s just like Indian stuff rotla and so I knew I will be able to make it. It is made with corn flour maseca and stuffed with mozzarella cheese. It’s eaten with special cabbage salad called curtido.Here’s How i made it.
- First make cabbage salad and I changed it little to keep nutrition intact.Mix shredded cabbage, carrot and thinly slice onion in a pot. Add tbsp of water, cover and let it come to boil. Switch it off right away. You want to cook it slightly only. It’s mainly cabbage and carrot,onion is only little bit.
- Now add salt, apple cider vinegar according to taste. And pinch of oregano. Make it in glass bowl and let it marinate on side. Result should be crunchy.
- For pupusas, take maseca and follow the pkg instruction to make dough. Basically add pinch of baking soda , salt and warm water.
- I mixed shredded mozzarella with some chopped cilantro leaves.
- Now make like stuff paratha and roast with little oil on a griddle . Cook well at medium heat.
- I had pupusas with cabbage salad and some chopped avocado. Yummy !
- You can stuff with beans and cheese mix too. Be creative. Green onion will go well too.
- If corn flour is not available , try jowar/sorghum flour. We need to learn to make things work when we want to do something.
- We learn things from ppl we meet and all our surroundings if we keep our mind open.