One should never start with “I” when you are writing is what I had read long back. But today I was tempted to start with “I absolutely love 7 layer dip”. If you have read anything around spirituality, then you probably know one of the question “who am I?” We always say I did , I like , I love so who is that I? We don’t know but it’s always abt “I”. My teacher says : When “I” takes back seat, god comes fore front.
Here’s the recipe I used. I have yet to taste it but gotta wait. I will serve with organic blue corn chips to make it more exotic.
Are you surprised with this unique combination? This is good when you don’t want to eat rice and too lazy to roll roti.
- Cook bulgur wheat according to pkg instructions. Basically boil with water just like rice.
- Cook your Chana masala or any of your fav bean curry.
- Eat the way you eat rice.
- Have some roasted vegetables or salad on side. I had roasted asparagus since they are in season right now.
- This will make a good lunch option to take to work too. Pack a side of salad too.
- Wholesome filling lunch and quick, fuss free.
- If you have left over bean curry then you can cook some bulgar in the morning too while tea, coffee is getting ready.
You know those days when you come back home from work hungry and you want something nice filling to eat… well today was that day for me. As I was driving back and thinking there’s really nothing nice at home to eat. Then I realized I have tomato salsa and chips.Then come home , looking into fridge I find black beans . Voila… got an idea.
- I like to keep home boiled black beans or pinto beans for quick meal. Home cooked beans taste good and they are plain so I can season them as needed.
- Mash some black beans. Add salt, cumin powder and mix.
- Add store bought Salsa as per your liking. If you don’t have Salsa, you can add chopped onion, tomatoes, green pepper , chili to black beans.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy with some chips in moderation. Yum !
Variety is the spice of life. But when it comes to breakfast, many ppl stick to same thing everyday. It’s a good idea to eat different things in my opinion. You don’t need to be stuck with dairy, wheat so much that end up with allergy.
So made this oatmeal which took 2 mins.
- Cook plain oatmeal according to pkg instructions. I use only water to cook.
- Once cooked , add pinch of crushed saffron. Let it sit for a min and oatmeal will turn orange hue.
- Add chopped dates, pistachios.
- Warm hearty breakfast ready.
Are you a peanut lover ? Me too. It’s a good snack on the go, good protein and keeps you full for a long time. Spicy peanuts are so easy to make that I guess we don’t bother to make it. Outside they are so expensive that I never buy thinking it’s rediculous to spend that money when I can add some chili powder at home. Well, Finally I made at home.
- Used raw peanuts that I buy at Indian store. Heat just a little peanut oil, throw raw peanuts and roast for 4-5 mins.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder and salt on the side .
- Sprinkle spice mix on peanuts and roast for a min more.
- Taste to see if it’s crunchy without burning your tongue.
- Now share and just don’t finish all by yourself like me.