Bitter gourd has lot of benefits and amazingly older ppl don’t mind eating them. They have been used to eating it. Most of us don’t eat now a days. Lot of ppl don’t even know what bitter taste is like. But when Indians get diabetics, they start using it. It’s a good vegetable to include in diet for it’s bitter flavor. Try few times to start liking it. Here’s how I have been cooking and it’s turning out good. You can use Indian bitter gourd too.
- Use coconut oil to cook this. After heating oil, add some fennel seeds which are sweet.
- Add chopped bitter gourd. I remove seeds. You can also add chopped potatoes . Add dry spices and salt.
- Once cooked , add sliced onion and cook until onion is little cooked . Won’t take too long.
- If I add potatoes, I don’t use onions. If no potatoes then add onions.
- Chinese variety is more like squash with little bitter flavor.
- You can also cook and put it in omelette.
- Enjoy !