Ragi is rich in calcium and iron and most of the ppl probably know. Question is how many people use it? Most of us are stuck only on wheat even though so many different flours are available now a days everywhere. Why wait for developing wheat allergy? Break the wheat pattern if that’s all you are eating . Some ppl like routine where you don’t need to think what to make. Then keep at least one day a week where you won’t have wheat or rice. When am gonna run out of wheat flour, I don’t buy it and that way am forced to eat other flours until I make a trip to Indian grocery.
Ragi roti tasted pretty good. Here’s how I made it. You can google for videos , recipes . There are so many. I made it spicy.
- Heat oil and crack few mustard seeds. Add chopped onion, chili, torn curry leaves, cilantro. Add water , salt and let it boil.
- Once water is boiling , lower the heat and add Ragi flour. Keep stirring and whole thing will become mass.
- Cover , switch of the stove and let it sit for 15 mins.
- To roll, I used parchment paper and sprayed olive oil. Use your palm to make roti.
- Cook it with little oil like other rotis.
- You can eat with any curry or chutney and sambhar.