According to Chinese medicine, it’s good to eat black , blue colored food in winter. And it’s winter here now. Well, if it’s not winter at your place, you still can eat black rice. I took it for our yoga group get together and everyone asked me abt it and liked it.
Found recipe here: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015485-black-rice-corn-and-cranberries
- I soaked black rice over night and then cooked it first.
- Heat olive oil, fry chopped garlic until golden brown. Add chopped green onion with white , green part. Add cooked corn. And sauté for few seconds.
- Add cooked rice, cranberries, cumin powder, black pepper and salt.
- Mix well, add lime juice and cilantro.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Since rice is cooked , you are just mixing other ingredients so don’t over cook.
- It makes a good easy dish to take to holiday potluck and it will become a conversation piece too.
- Black rice is available at many grocery stores , Asian market or amazon.