On my recent visit to India, my friend mentioned neem, something I was looking for here in USA. There was a tree near her house and they use leaves from it and so her mother in law dried some for me to bring. Growing up in India most of us know that neem has health benefits and it’s very bitter so kids stay away from it. Now as a grown up it’s a different story. Neem is bitter so it has anti bacterial , anti-viral properties. Neem paste is used for skin infection. It’s so bitter no wonder bacteria , virus will not survive.
- To make tea is very easy . Boil few leaves with clean water.
- Strain and drink. I added some lemon juice too.
- Bitter is 1 of the flavor we don’t get much in diet and overdose of sugar everyday makes things worse. If you had lot of sweets during thanksgiving, then try neem tea.
- I think neem tea is also available in market.
- When we come from India, we bring sweets to share with friends and family. I think it’s time we bring something healthy like this neem leaves.
- In India, kids are given bitter things to drink now and then since they eat lot of sweets. But now adults are same too so we better start including bitter flavor in our diet.