Have you ever used real rose petals in cooking? Rose petals are laxative in nature and considered cooling in Ayurveda. I have tried rose firani before and had turned out real good. Since I like to use natural ingredients and whatever is available around me , when I saw rose… Hmmm yum.
Tukmariya is another cooling ingredient and it looks almost like chia seeds. Am not very sure abt other nutrients in it but I love them in rose milk and falooda is my favorite drink.
- Boil milk with fresh rose petals . Make sure rose petals are not sprayed. If you keep milk with rose petals in fridge overnight , flavor will intensify. Else you will hardly get flavor. Rose also needs to be with nice smell meaning flavor will be there. And you don’t get color this way but I don’t care .
- Soak Tukmariya in milk for an hr so they become like gel just like chia seeds.
- I had falooda sev so I boiled that too.It’s optional.
- To assemble, add Tukmariya and sev first in a glass. Pour rose milk and add sugar.
- You can top with vanilla ice team and it will become falooda but I didn’t .
- Tukmariya taste little different than chia and I love them. Try it out.
- If you are fond of rose flavor like me, then try this real rose flavor.
- Enjoy !