All those tomatoes i got , needed to be used. Thought of cooking them in some form so it will stay good for a while in fridge . 1 idea led to another and another and final result turned out pretty good, yummy, unique and nutritious . Oh and simple too. So what did I do?
- Chop tomatoes in chunk.
- Heat olive oil , crack some mustard seeds and 4-5 methi seeds.
- Add tomatoes and cook. Throw some garlic , ginger and red chili.Add salt.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, switch of the stove. Add a tsp of brown sugar. Cool and Blend everything.
- Now mixture was very watery so I added a tbsp of chia seeds and left the bowl in fridge. Genius idea.:) Chia absorbed the water and made it nice thick.
- I had with dhokla and it was very tasty . You can eat with idli , dosa or spread on sandwich.
- You know all those chutneys we Indian makes like coriander chutney and what not where we use peanuts , Daliya to thicken chutney , can be replaced with chia or use in combination .
- I won’t repeat chia health benefits but you will notice next day morning .:)
- Enjoy chi .. Chi chia seeds !