We have a group that goes for hike saturday morning. Being foodie and who loves to feed ppl, last year I came up with this boiled peanuts and they are so much loved and enjoyed by everyone. I even get special hugs , requests to bring them. I so enjoy making them and seeing everyone happily enjoying them,finishing it all in no time brings so much more joy. Bottom line, do what you love .
I had posted how to boil fresh peanuts before which are available in summer. These are dried peanuts. This is how you boil “RAW”dry peanuts:
- Soak them in plenty of water for 7-8 hrs. You will have to put a plate on top and weigh it down by putting something heavy on it. Else they keep floating on top and won’t be soaked.
- Discard water and rinse them .
- Cook them in presser cooker with salt for 5-6 whistles. You need good amt of salt here. You can boil them in a pot. It will take longer.
- Done. Ready to eat? Wait , you need to hike first.
- You can also add chilli powder , garlic pods to make them spicy.
- Share with everyone . When we find something good , naturally we want to share. Isn’t it ?
- Instead of eating all junk and sugary things, this makes such a good snack option when we are tired and hungry after hike.It also gives hand something to do. You have to peel .:)
- It’s good for game nights too and they keep you full for a long time being high in protein.
- Enjoy !