There are so many ideas floating around waiting to be manifested. When idea comes, you need to start working on it. This was one of the idea in my head for a while. Finally I implemented. Y’day I was thinking I need to do Ayurveda session somewhere but couldn’t come up with anything and then forgot about it. In the evening, I got a call from a friend if I would do for her ppl. Isn’t that amazing? We all get opportunities like this but some misses it and some grabs it. Sometimes what looks like a negligible thing can open a new door.
So this biryani is a simple recipe but uses brown rice. Here’s how I did it.
- Cook brown rice according to pkg instructions.
- I used ready made Rasoi veg biryani mix. It comes with recipe. Mix spice mix with plain yogurt.
- Heat butter or ghee and sauté vegetables. Use lot of vegetables like cauliflower, carrots , green beans, onion ,peas. Add spice -yogurt mixture, little water and cook vegetables but keep them little crunchy.
- Add rice, mix . Done! Let it sit for a while for all flavors to mingle. You can add cashews, raisins and jazz it up.
- Makes a good filling meal .
- You can make it with quinoa too and it will taste good.
- Serve with a side of plain yogurt or raita.
- Enjoy !