Have you ever had middle eastern Foul Mudammas? I never had even fava beans before but today I went to middle eastern store and got a can of fava beans. There are lot of simple foul recipes online. Since I wanted to eat with roti, paratha I made it little more on gravy side and calling it curry. Here’s how I did:
- Heat olive oil, add chopped garlic and sauté. Add chopped onion and then tomatoes. Cook the mixture until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add red chili powder, cumin powder and fava beans. Add little water and let it cook for some time.
- Mash beans with potato masher. Now you will have only few beans here and there.
- Add black pepper powder. And some fresh lemon juice.
- Boil it depending on how thick you want .
- Drizzle little olive oil when serving.
- You can thicken mixture and serve like hummus too with pita chips. Top with tahini, olives, tomatoes whatever you have and like.It’s yummy and so easy to make.
- Try and expand your horizon little more.
- Enjoy !