People who knows me know that I am not into throwing away food. I like to be creative with everything and use what I have in a different way or give it to someone who has some use for it. Have you heard Gandhi’s 1 of popular quote “There’s enough for everyone’s need but not for greed.” If you don’t use what you already have and keep expecting more… Then good luck with that.
So, I got this papad from India and they turned out too salty and spicy and I actually hardly eat papad. So i was about to throw away but then decided to put back for some reason . Glad I did because this papad ki Subji idea came. It’s a very simple dish from Rajasthan. Basically it’s kadhi with papad. There are lots of version online. Here’s my simplest version:
- Take sour yogurt and add little basan, turmeric powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil or ghee. Crack some cumin seeds . I added few methi seeds too.
- Add yogurt sauce , water depending on consistency you like. Adjust salt.
- I didn’t add any spices since papads were spicy. But you can add anything you like.
- To make it healthy, add some cauliflower florets. It will go well with yogurt sauce.
- If you leave this curry after cooking , it will get thick.
- Find your creative side. This papad ki Subji is result of someone ‘s creativity after all. Isn’t it? We sometimes forget the thought behind things , here cooking. People were creative with their cooking in olden times and used what they had or grew in that area.
- Enjoy !