Masoor dal cooks very quickly and rich in protein hence makes perfect winter meal. Here’s my extra quick simple version.
- Rinse masoor dal and add double the amount of water. Boil on high , cover and cook on medium. It hardly took 10 mins. No need of pressure cooker.
- When dal is almost cooked , Take another small seasoning pan. Heat oil, add mustard, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, dry spices and sauté only few seconds.
- Add seasoning to dal and cook for few minutes if dal is not done.
- I also added few large cauliflower florets when dal was almost cooked. Cauliflower also gets cooked quickly and its nice to have little vegetable with dal when you are eating with a roti.
- Little salad on side and you have a nice warm , nutritious meal for cold winter night.
- Enjoy !