Let’s start with a story of priest if you have not heard. Once upon a time there was a priest in a small village who did all his duties faithfully and was a devotee. One monsoon, it rained so much in a village and there was a flood all around. Everyone climbed on a tree, roof where ever they could. So priest also ended up on a tree and kept praying to god. He was confident that god will come save him since he had done all right things and lived honestly.
A small boat comes around the tree where priest was mounted and ask him to come down. Some ppl from tree get down on a boat but priest says “NO”. God will come, save me. Then a steamer comes and some more ppl go down but priest says “NO”. God will come to save me. Now helicopter comes and rest of the ppl go with it except priest. He says again god will come. He is left all by himself. Flood gets worse , tree falls down and priest dies.
Now he meets god and so furious. He asks god angrily “Why didn’t you come to save me?”
God replies “Idiot, i came thrice but you just won’t come.”
So, can you relate with priest? If you are just blaming others for a mess of your life, then think again. It’s your own karma. No reason to look back at past and trying to figure out what went wrong. Come back to present and see what you can do now. If you want to make changes in your life, here’s some tips and if you don’t then no need to read further. Go back and make a peace with your life, accept it.
- Life is a school and we are all students of life. So there will be always something to learn for all of us. Staying in a student mode is good so you stay open to learning new things. To get back into student mode, learn something new. Go sign up in a community college or whatever is available around you depending on your interest. Go join that thing you always wanted to do but blamed time or doesn’t matter who or what you are blaming. Stop blaming game and see how you can make it work.
- Mantras are another gentle way to change energy. When you change your own energy, things around you will shift. You can pick any mantra that appeals to you. There will be a mantra which will kind of speak to you. Grab it and do 108 times or for 15 mins everyday with open mind. Book “Mantra and Meditation” is good if you don’t know where to turn too.
- Acupuncture is another good thing if you are in pain and it’s stopping you from doing anything.
- Everything is always happening. We just need to get on a boat instead of not this and not that. If you sitting depressed at home and someone invites you for something. Don’t just say that’s not my thing when you don’t even know what is your thing. Go check it out. And who knows what happens. You might meet someone who has exactly what you needed. Stay open. Or you end up just having good time. A friend called me and said “Sonal, am so bored. You have a group who does things so can i join you?” And next time, he came along for hike. He said i had to make change in my morning routine to come for hike but i thought to myself ,i have to get over this and go. He ended up enjoying and wants to come again. When we drive to work and if there’s a traffic or accident,we take new route or sometimes have to just wait for it to clear up. We don’t come back home and say i tried to go to work. Same way, when you try to do something, and there’s a stone, don’t come back and say i tried but it rained and blah blah. You figure out how to step over stone or go around it.
- If you have some talent, then you can go volunteer that somewhere and you will learn more. If you don’t have talent, then go learn something. We all have some unique talent. So don’t tell me i don’t have any. You just need to work on it.
Post has become longer than usual. Hope you got some ideas. Take a baby step today.
Bring some changes and see how life unfolds. My teacher always says “We are not here to suffer.”
BTW, picture is from hike.