When you have big avocado to use and too much mint growing in pot, what do you do? You make minty avocado chutney. I thought I came up with novel idea but there are always ppl who have done it. Here’s a link to wonderful recipe:
I changed it just a little bit. Had no cilantro and skipped ginger.
So here’s what I did:
- First pound some garlic, green chili and fresh mint leaves.
- Add avocado and pound little more.
- Add some lemon juice, cumin powder and salt. Done !
- If you like mint flavor, you will love this chutney. Use less or more mint depending on your liking but start with little. Pounding seems to be enhancing mint flavor.
- You can eat with chips, idli, dosa , spread on bread etc .
- Make it, eat it and wash the mortal and pestle. No storing.
- Enjoy !