Have noticed that kids enjoy yoga provided you make it fun and don’t force it on them. They are little with little attention span so you have to let them be. One of my friend asked what could be good for kid to keep him occupied and improve concentration? I came up with this fun activity and little kid enjoyed very much so thought i will share with you all. And yes, mom said she is gonna do it too. 🙂
- Tree Pose as shown in picture. It’s very simple. Just ask them to stand on 1 foot , hands in prayer pose.
- And now count backward from 100, 99,98…..to 1. It’s imp to count backward because if you start from 1, 2,3…your mind goes on auto pilot. And yes, if you fall down or forget count or make any mistake…start again from 100. Did you say WHAT? 🙂
- And then try with other leg. You can do competition too with this. For more younger ones, start from 50 or 25 and increase as they master it.
- And adults can try too. It is not as easy as you think since mind tends to run away.
- It will be also good when you can’t get rid of some thing from your mind.
- And if you are into mantra, gayatri mantra is good for kids in my opinion.
- As i said, don’t force it else they will run away from it.
- Enjoy !