It’s been very hot this summer, breaking records here by reaching 100 degree. So thought would share some tips on how to stay cool.Summer is the season of pitta so if you are not careful and if your prakruti is pitta, you might see your pitta symptoms more aggravated. Here’s few things we all can do:
- Drink plenty of water. No rocket science but most of the ppl don’t drink enough water.
- Chhash/home made butter milk – 1 part home made yogurt + 3 part water. Add salt and cumin powder for taste.
- Coconut Water- From fresh green coconut if you find it around you. It’s a tropical delight anyways.
- Sugarcane or it’s juice if you find clean source.
- Watermelon – I prefer seeded one for obvious reason. Sprinkle little salt and cumin powder on it.
- All kind of melons are generally good and cooling.
- All summer squashes like dudhi, yellow squash, zucchini is good.
- Cucumber, mint, cilantro is all cooling. Find a way to use them. Make salad or chutney.
- Coconut oil is cooling so use it for head/hair massage.
- Less spices, pickles and limit fat. Eat more light meals with plenty of vegetables.
- Having little ice cream is ok but if you start gulping more and more it will aggravate your pitta more.
- Wear hat or cover your head when you have to be out in sun.
- Tukmariya that’s used in falooda is cooling. If you want to use to cool down pitta, then just soak 1 tsp in some water and eat/drink it.
- Enjoy Summer !
In india, 7 week days are named for 7 planets and each planet is assigned color, food, gem, season etc. and it all comes under vedic astrology. When someone doesn’t know what to cook for dinner then you will hear “oh, today is wed. so let’s just make mung” or on thursdat, chickpeas etc. Today, i want to talk abt color though. Let’s start with the list. Some of the things are what i have observed and my thoughts.
When you don’t know what to wear, follow this color guidelines and wear the color of the day. You can wear shirt, top or just throw a scarf of the color of the day. Also can pick different shades in those colors. It makes it fun and will help you harmonize with the energy of the day. These are no hard, fast rules. Have fun with it and see what it does to you.
- Sunday – Planet Sun. Color – Orange is generally what everywhere written but besides orange, i would say golden like golden rays of sun. So wear orange or golden.
- Monday – Planet Moon. Color – White. You can also wear some pearl jewellery.
- Tuesday – Planet Mars. Color – Red. I couldn’t wear red in summer. It just makes it very hot being fiery color.
- Wednesday – Planet Mercury. Color – Green.
- Thursday – Planet Jupiter. Color – Yellow.
- Friday – Planet Venus. Color – White, Sky Blue White is what you will read mostly everywhere but i feel it’s sky blue color.
- Saturn – Planet Saturn. Color – Black. Again, you will see black everywhere but if you are going thro gloom phase anyway, then i would suggest Royal Blue. The way i see it is, sometimes you need to just embrace black in life and if you have hard time with embracing darkness, then wear black and if you find yourself gloomy most of the time, wear royal blue. Have you seen picture of “shani dev” ? He is riding on crow(black) and his body is royal blue.
As you wear this colors, observer what color makes you uncomfortable and what color agrees with you. If you learn something new with this experiment, do share your insights.
Picture is of full moon from my home. Sometimes moon rays will fall into my home , making it look very pretty on full moon day.
And yes, i am wearing white and pearl today. 🙂
Check out my other posts on astrology, life.
Yoga For Planets – Vedic Astrology