Jowar is called white millet in English and its gluten free. Lot of ppl now a days are trying to avoid white rice so this is a good option.
- As part of experiment, 1 day I added some jowar flour to regular idly batter and idly came out nice ,yummy ,earthy and little yellowish .
- So this time I soaked 1 cup urad dal with 4-5 methi seeds for 5 hrs. Ground it as usual and added 2 cups of jowar flour and let it ferment. Do you know methi seeds help with fermentation? I didn’t add it once and batter didn’t ferment.
- Idly turned out nice fluffy but taste I didn’t like. When I seasoned idly , it tasted fine.
- So next day, I turned batter into uttapama and voila … They tasted good. It’s like seasoned jowar rotla.
- You can use jowar flour in any pancake you make. Just a little bit since its gluten free.
- Also jowar is cooling so good in this hot weather.
- Try out this wholesome uttapama.
- Enjoy !