- Guvar is an acquired taste but if you never had it, i would say must try. It has very different taste. Generally kids don’t like it.
- Guvar dhokari is popular gujarati dish. You can eat with roti as subji or you can have it just by itself too.
- Make roti dough using whole wheat flour but add spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, few ajwain seeds and salt. Make dough harder than roti. Keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Seasoning is imp here. You want to season oil with ajwain(carom seeds), little hing. Ajwain helps with digestion and gas. Add cut guvar ,ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt . Add some water. Use pressure cooker.
- Make small rounds from dough using just hand, fingers and put it in above guvar mix. Add more water if needed. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Tada…it’s ready.
- Instead of making dhokari, you can add some chopped potatoes to guvar.
- Enjoy !