- Does everyone know that Prime Minister Modi is also fasting? Isn’t that awesome?
- Hope everyone is doing good on fast. I really got sick on 1st day by afternoon and had to leave work. Got little better at night but hardly ate anything.
- 2nd day was little better and i made some dinner so that my detox slows down.
- Rajgira paratha : Added little boiled potato, sindhov salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Black Pepper helps getting rid of toxins is what i read in Ayurveda so had to put that knowledge in use. Added little too much salt and so was very salty and after not having any salt for 2 days, even little salt feels too much. So be careful how much salt you put.
- Left over boiled potato, i made kinda kadhi. Season ghee with cumin seeds, add potato and yogurt with little rajgira flour. Little sindhov salt.
- That was my dinner on day 2. I know it feels like i ate too much.
- Lunch i eat mostly fruits and nuts. Today i blended fresh figs from garden with banana and topped it with some almond and walnut.
- Everyone hang in there. It does feel great after wards.
- Enjoy !
- Tulsi or Holy Basil is praised and worshipped so much in india. Of course for a reason. It has so many health benefits too. In india, ppl use it for cold, cough, fever , good for digestion etc etc.
- Most of the indian families keep at least 1 tulsi plant. I used to grow too but since i didn’t use it for anything ,stopped growing.
- But few weeks back, when i turned soil in 1 of the container to grow cilantro, tulsi plant started growing. I guess last year’s seeds were in pot.
- This time i decided to put it in use and made tea and read few books abt tulsi too.
- Since plant is so small i just got few leaves and boiled them with water.
- Tea came out very mild so i didn’t add anything extra. When plant grows or next year i will experiment more and will update this page.
- But tulsi is anti bacterial, anti viral , rich in anti-oxidants what not.
- So if you like tea, why not try tulsi tea and reap some benefits? But keep tea simple not loaded with sugar, milk etc.
- Enjoy !
Navratri is starting from thursday 25th. Not everyone fasts but you can do different things. It’s a good time to break old habits.
Here’s some of my ideas.
- You can be vegetarian for 9 days.
- Give up your vices for 9 days.
- If you are already vegetarian, try gluten free diet .
- Try to stay oil free and use only nuts or natural fat.
- Dairy free if dairy is your weakness.
- Give up white sugar, white flour, white rice.
- Give up morning tea, coffee.
- Eat only vegetables and no dry beans.
Find something new or different thing to do depending on your situation, circumstances and have fun with it.
Happy Navratri !
- In India, we have a lot of juice bars where they make fresh fruit juices and they will be so tasty. Fresh juices taste so much different from store bought.
- Today, i made grape juice from red grapes. Had a whole bag of grapes sitting in fridge for a while so juice is a good way to use it.
- Rinse grapes and throw in magic bullet or any blender you have. No extra water. Blend it for few seconds, strain and drink it. Yes, that simple.
- Juice came out really very tasty. I would say must try if you never had fresh grape juice before.
- It made very little so i will have to make more now.
- Enjoy !