- If i remember correctly, kodri is called poor man’s rice in gujarat. It probably was much cheaper than rice. Wonder if now a days if anyone uses it.Not much info when i googled it.
- Seems it’s called Foxtail Millet in english but i am not sure.
- Tarla Dalal has recipes and some info around it. Here’s the link: http://www.tarladalal.com/glossary-kodri-668i She has kodri recipes as part of diabetic recipes.
- I bought it at indian store and label says per 100 grams, it has 10.9 grams of protein. It doesn’t say if it’s gluten free or not.
- You can cook like rice and use as replacement of rice.You can make idly, dosa also with it. Or even upma for breakfast.
- I just cooked it like rice and added fried vegetables seasoned with cumin seeds, cashew and raisins.
- It taste just like rice to me and didn’t find anything different from samo rice.
- If you find it, try it out !
- Good for a change !