- To continue our green theme, i bought callaloo green the other day. I have been eating this green for few years now.
- In gujarat, we have this bhaji called “Ratachhod ni bhaaji” and it was my favourite while growing up. Few years back, my mon and i were roaming around farmer’s market and she saw this bhaaji and said this looks like our bhaaji. So we bought and cooked just like our bhaaji subji. It tasted same and since then i buy whenever i see it.
- The only difference is our bhaaji has red stem and callaloo has green stem. I had no idea what it was called until now. 🙂
- There’s a Caribbean dish named callaloo too. Well, i cooked it my indian way.
- For 1 bunch, i added half chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder,red chilli powder, cumin-coriandor powder and salt. Add little oil. Mix all together and cook. Simple, isnt’ it?
- You can also add some potato cubes and cooke it all together.
- Picture didn’t come out so good but taste really good.
- Traditionally we eat khichadi, kadhi and bhaaji. Still have some left over so i will make another meal with khichadi and kadhi.
- Do try if you find it in your town.