- Today, my teacher gave me book “Healing with whole foods” by Paul Pitchford. As i was browsing thro’ it, section on greens got my attention. Greens were highly praised and book listed lots of benefits.
- I had to make a special trip to grocery store to get some spinach b/c after reading all that, i couldn’t wait to get my dose of green.
- And of course, i wanted to share with you all so that you all don’t miss out anything either. Let me list few things from book:
- Greens are high in chlorophyll, no brainer. Chlorophyll has the ability to purify,quell inflammations and rejuvenate.
Greens also a good source of carotene.
Many toxic effects of environment and common diet need to be encountered with the green color of renewal, according to book.
- Molecular structure of chlorophyll is much similar to red blood cells except central molecule.
- Alright, so there are so many things that i won’t be able to write here. But hope you got the point.
- Am gonna try to experiment with some new asian greens too.
- Find a way to include some greens regularly in your diet. You can lightly steam and add it to your sandwich or salad too.
- Some greens are high in oxalic acid so find greens that works for you.
- Let’s go green ! And remember “Fresh”.