- Khichu is a popular and regular gujarati breakfast in some homes. It wasn’t in mine but i had it recently at a friend’s place. And i loved it. It was awesome and very filling. I don’t know what/how it was made but google “khichu” and there are plenty of recipes.
- I am becoming a Tarla Dalal fan lately and have found her recipes pretty good so tried her khichu recipe: http://www.tarladalal.com/Jowar-Khichu-(-Non–Fried-Snacks-)-33307r
- It’s quick to make and very very tasty. Doesn’t need any oil.
- I did drizzle little olive oil but you can skip and keep it totally oil free.
- You can use millet, corn , rice flour to make khichu too. Try new flours that you haven’t used before.
- One i had at friend’s place had “pickle or methi masala” on top with oil. I had no pickle masala but if you have it, try it.
- Jowar flour is gluten free so if you are trying gluten free diet, then this would be a good option.
- Enjoy !