- Have you heard abt food combining? Ayurveda also has food combination theory.
- Basically it’s abt keeping starch and protein separate since starch needs alkaline medium to digest and protein needs acidic. That’s the basic i have been trying to experiment with.
- So good lunch is rice with all vegetables and dinner is protein rich dal or beans with roti.
- There’s much more to this theory but this is the basic concept i have been trying.
- And it does seem easier on digestion.
- We indians love our dal and rice but that seems to be a “NO” . Mung dal is an exception is what i have heard so khichadi is ok.
- I am not giving up on my dal-rice but i don’t eat it everyday either.
- Try it out for few days , see how you feel and have your own experience.
- Here’s a good site i found : http://bodyecology.com/articles/food_combining_optimal_health_and_weight.php