- Cranberries are kidney cleansing and are recommended often to treat UTI. There’s a lot of research done for it. Google for more info. There are so many sites stating it’s benefits, how it’s powerhouse of anti oxidants and what not.
- And it’s everywhere this time of the year. How can you ignore it?
- Most of the recipes or cranberry items i have seen are loaded with sugar or use dried cranberries which is probably sugar-coated too.
- Cranberry is naturally tart so why not use in recipes where you need tart or sour flavour?
- I use in my dal and love it. Here’s what i do: Pressure cook tuvar dal with fresh cranberries. For 1 cup dal, i use 1/4th cup fresh cranberries. If you like more sour, add more cranberries.
- Season oil with mustard seeds, hing and few methi seeds. Add cooked mashed dal, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Boil and finally garnish with cilantro.
- Why wait for health problems to enjoy cranberries?
- Come up with your own way to enjoy fresh cranberries or make this Dal.