- A simple yet very very tasty gujarati curry. Pigeon peas are available at indian store in frozen section in USA.
- Heat oil, crack few mustard seeds. Add chopped onion and saute until they turn little brown. Don’t burn it.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until they are mushy.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriandor-cumin powder, salt and saute for few seconds.
- Add some chopped potatoes, mix well and then add water. Add your pigeon peas and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Garnish with cilantro. We generally serve with little garam masala sprinkled over it. That’s optional though.
- Also if you like your gravy little thicker, then add little canned tomato sauce or tomato puree when you add water.
- You can replace pigeon peas with green peas too.
- Don’t blame me if you end up eating extra rotis with this curry. 🙂