- Fig tree is still giving lots of figs. Freezed some, ate too many, shared with friends and still plenty left to experiment.
- Muffins turned out great. I made 6 muffins and a little bread from same batter.
- I didn’t measure things so will give rough idea of what all went in.
- All purpose flour, baking soda, chia seeds, sugar, pinch of salt, oil/butter, and fresh fig puree with milk.
- Recipe inspired from http://www.aayisrecipes.com/cakes-cookies-pies/date-cake-eggless/
- You can add cardamom powder or fennel seeds taste great too with figs. I have used both in the past.
- Figs have too many health benefits. They are a good source of calcium and fiber. Google if you need a reason to try them.
- Warm fig muffin with Vanilla ice-cream…..Enjoy !