Made this for quick breakfast when there was nothing to eat , busy with work issue and took only 5 minutes.
Had small corn tortillas but you can use what you have . Even Indian roti , paratha will work . Everyone keep frozen corn ? Well , I do.
- Recipe is simple just like any quesadilla.
- Microwave frozen corn, chop some green chili , peppers , onions , cilantro whatever you have .
- Use some Mexican cheese and that’s it.
- You can sprinkle some salt, pepper .
- If you have some salsa or Guacamole, good. I had some fresh avocado so cut it up on side .
- Nice feeling breakfast in 5 minutes without any exotic ingredients.
- Being creative helps in life.
Friend gave me enchilada sauce recipes that she got from Mexican friend and so it’s authentic. Made green sauce and turned out good.
Since it needs tomatillos, summer will be good time when tomatillos are in season. I found them at Walmart and so had to try . Here’s how I made it;
- Roast 4-5 tomatillos for 20 mins. Recipe didn’t say roast it but they are so sour so decided to roast it. Add jalapeño to roast with it too.
- Sauté white onion with garlic.
- Blend all together with vegetables stock if you have it or add water. Also add half bunch cilantro. I used water.
- Add cumin powder, salt.
- If you added water , boil sauce else it will taste watery.
You can use it on enchiladas, in taco or whatever way you like. If you have never tried tomatillos, this is a good way to use it. Tomatillo is a vegetable and it has different nutrition than tomatoes.
Kodo Millet flakes pack i bought at Indian grocery store. You can make poha with it and it’s instant just like our beloved poha. Tasted good.
Sprinkled some flax meal also to add more nutrition, fiber.
I would highly recommend that you try this. I really liked it because I love poha .
Now a days on social media everything seems to be money oriented. Pay and ppl will advertise products. It’s important to be honest to yourself . Remember you are watching yourself.
So made this biryani in insta pot and if you are a true biryani lover then this is not for you. It’s more like rice with vegetables with biryani masala and it’s quick.
Good part : Rice was cooked perfect. Vegetables retained their shape . And it’s quick.
Bad part: It doesn’t taste like biryani. Doesn’t have crunch of vegetables. And cannot leave house while it’s cooking because I will have to quick release and eat it right away which is a big negative point for me . I like to start insta pot and leave or get busy with other work.
Trick to cook perfect rice , veggies seems to be 5 min at “low pressure” and quick release. Use vegetables that will cook in same time and cut them same size.
If this interests you , try it.
Left over from Chinese restaurant makes another good meal. This restaurant I went to has huge portion and I tend to finish all vegetables from dish. Left over noodles I brought home.
- Sauté fresh veggies like zucchini , colored peppers , carrot, snow peas, tofu whatever you have and you like.
- Add left over veggies and another good Chinese meal in no time.
- I had added some of the chili oil, hot sauce from restaurant in left over so no need to look for sauces either .
- Do you know how to eat with chopsticks? If not , learn it. It’s fun and learning new things is good for brain at any age.
- When I was going to China , I learned it and i was so thankful because very first night we went out to eat in Beijing they had only chopsticks.