If you are in restaurant business, you should know how to serve food . At Indian restaurants, they give pile of white rice and if it’s take out, curry portion is so small. How do you expect ppl to eat plain white rice ? Is that how they eat at home ? And then ppl end up throwing away rice. Why waste all that rice ?
I generally tell servers to give me little rice and no rice if I am not gonna eat it . Y’day I ordered take out and then to my horror so much white rice . I decided to keep it and then made vegetable fried rice .
I don’t like throwing away the food but if it’s not good , throw it away . Use your own judgement. I throw rotten vegetables in garden for worms . They are no good for my stomach.
What steps you take to not waste food ?
At Middle Eastern restaurants I always noticed roasted cauliflower pitas but I never order. I decided to make it at home after seeing it’s recipe here:
I used spring mix, reddish, beetroot and tomatoes to fill in along with roasted cauliflower and potatoes. Roast more cauliflower and potatoes because you will end up eating them on the side since it taste so good by itself . I love roasted cauliflower.
Emotion that’s associated with heart is joy. So do something that brings joy to you.
Every time I see pictures of my walk with lions in Africa , it brings joy to me. So posting picture with them.
Happy Valentine’s Day !
Recipe source as shown in picture : Ayurvedic Cooking for Self -Healing by Usha Lad & Dr. Vasant Lad.
Dr. Lad is a pioneer in Ayurveda and has done excellent work in spreading Ayurvedic knowledge.
Here’s the steps I followed for soup :
- Clean fresh spinach leaves , few cilantro leaves. Blend them with water , green chili and fresh ginger according to your taste.
- Heat ghee in a pot. Crack mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Add few curry leaves and hing.
- Add puréed spinach , salt. Simmer for some time. Add Black pepper according to taste .
- Soup is good for asthma, as a blood builder and decongestant according to book.
Starting a meal with soup is a good idea and this soup is so easy to make and take few minutes. Good for vegetarian women who are looking for iron rich food.
Broccoli is very handy when you want a healthy, quick side dish or healthy ingredient to throw in something . It has good fiber which you will realize next day and is nutritious too. I like to steam some as a side dish to go with Bataka poha too.
This curry goes well with roti and it’s so quick to make . Here’s the simple , efficient way to make. And eat it right away.
- Heat a tsp of oil. While oil is heating , chop tomatoes roughly.
- Add cumin seeds to oil. Once they crack, add tomatoes and cook.
- Now start cleaning broccoli florets .
- Add dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add broccoli florets , salt and mix. Add little water.
- Cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes. You want to cook broccoli just right.
- Serve with roti , paratha .
- It’s easy to eat good , yummy food and it’s quick too.