At my work, today our group got some crayons in mail from company and email with some pictures that we can print and color. It was called coloring for adults and it helps with depression, improves concentration. I totally agree.
It helps you to focus and when you are coloring you forget everything else including food , if you are going through challenges in life or too much going into your head, then it will help clear your head. If you are so much of a logic person, then it will help to activate artistic side.
So if you looked at the picture, you might be wondering why am I coloring giraffe blue? Think of it this way: I am given a picture and set of creyons to color. Now it’s upto me how I color it. Who said I have to color it brown only? Think of life the same way. You have a picture and set of colors . These are the only things you are given but you can play with them any way you like.Color your life the way you like. Open your mind . It doesn’t need to be like anyone else ‘s. Your life , your colors, your picture.
If you have your kids’ color book , try it. Or get one for yourself . There are some yantra books to color too.
Unless you are really a good experienced cook, to cook for a group is a concern. I can cook for few ppl but too many ppl and I will need help or if it’s sudden then I will be lost. This weekend it was with a 1 day notice so I decided to go Mexican which is easy.
So what did I do? Set up a table for make your own burrito. Made black beans home. Rest is all salad ingredients so just chop.Here’s my list:
- Cooked blacked beans .
- Home made mashed avocado with lime juice , cilantro and salt.
- Sautéed mushrooms and spinach in olive oil for healthy eaters.
- Chopped tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce.
- Cheese and sour cream.
- 2 types of Salsa.
- Sliced mango and strawberries for dessert.
- After cooking and draining black beans , had this nutritional water left so I made simple soup with it.
- Sautéed chopped garlic in olive oil. Add chopped carrots and tomatoes and cook some. Add black beans water with few beans too. Throw some corn. Boil. Season with cumin powder and chili powder and salt.Garnish with cilantro.Thats it and it was a hit. We have some soup lovers so they finished it. Starting a meal with soup is a good idea.
- Someone brought Mexican pie.
- It was fun Mexican theamed food , was easy breezy and we all had lot of fun and laughter.
- Laughter is a best medicine .
- Enjoy !
Who doesn’t love potatoes ? And still we all try to avoid potatoes. If your diet is heavy on potatoes and rice … hmm you know it all. Once in a while it’s ok to have your favorite potatoe curry. I don’t add potatoes to okra, tindora or any subji. We all grew up eating potatoes in every subji but remember it was because cooks tried to save money on vegetables and so buy little vegetables and add potatoes so you can feed more mouths. But now that’s not the case and plenty of vegetables are available and most of the ppl can afford . If you have to save money, save somewhere else not on eating fresh vegetables and fruits. Remember health is wealth. Here’s how I made this curry.
- Heat oil and crack mustard seeds and cumin seeds
- Add fresh chopped tomatoes and cook.
- Add ginger , garlic and all dry spices.
- Add chopped boiled potatoes , salt and mix well.
- Add some water and let it boil.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Have it with roti and of course side of a salad .
Are you the kind of adult who has to drink milk every day? Do you know what all kind of dairy products you eat everyday not realizing it’s after all dairy? All that butter , cheese , ghee ladden sweets, paneer etc etc. Hope you got the idea. Then try to go vegan for a week and see how you feel just for an experiment. Be your own judge and don’t cheat yourself. Be honest to self. Well, I thought of doing it myself but I hardly eat dairy. Only half cup milk as part of tea.
Am not paneer or dairy fan so my palak paneer always is without paneer. Everyone knows to throw chickpeas in it but Lima beans tasted really good. Here’s my simple vegan recipe.
- Heat peanut , coconut or olive oil and crack few cumin seeds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it well.
- Add your spices and sauté for few seconds.
- Add fresh cooked spinach purée. I used fresh spinach bunch .
- Add cooked Lima beans and simmer on medium heat for few minutes.
- Simple , isn’t it? Tasted really good.
- If you are trying to diet, add more water and make it more soupy.
When you find something good , what do you do? You want to share with ppl around you , right? It comes naturally. I went on a trail to walk in lunch time at work, then it occurred to me that I should show this trail to whole team. So I took the picture of trail and as soon as I got back to my cube, I sent an invite to the team for the walk. Most of the team accepted immediately.
Today was the day when we walked in lunch time for an hr. And most of the team showed up excited including mgr. Everyone had fun, liked trail and thought it was a wonderful idea.
If you enjoy taking a walk at work or know who goes for a walk , then join them or take others too .We sit all day long so it’s good to walk in lunch time. Little walks goes a long way. Am sure everyone has heard “walking is the best exercise “.
Enjoy Walking , strolling around !