Yoga friend gave me a pack of organic rye flour . She either didn’t know what to do with it or she thought it’s gluten free but turned out it has gluten. She knows how I try new recipes so she gave it to me . Since it has gluten I thought it’s easy to make roti with it. I also like rye bread so this was easy.
I used 1 cup wheat flour from Indian store and may be 3/4th cup rye flour. Made roti as usual and they turned out good. It was easy to roll them. Didn’t feel any taste difference.
Try it out. Rye flour is easy to find.
Note: Rye here is different than rye(mustard seeds). Rye is a grain.
Most of the Juices are very sweet, aren’t they? I buy carrot juice from stores and it’s only carrot nothing else . Still very sweet.
So what I started doing is half carrot juice and half water. This is good now . I drink carrot juice because it helps me with the cycle.
Now I can keep enjoying carrot juice .
Do you taste bitter flavor every day? We should have all flavors everyday for all body to functions to happen. Bitter has drying and firming effect. Bitter gourd chips is yummy way to have little bitter in. There are lots of recipes out there. Here’s how I made it:
- Wash and trim top, bottom of bitter gourd. Scrape the surface little bit if it’s hard. Try to pick tender bitter gourds.
- Slice them thin using mendoline. If there’s any red seeds , remove it.
- Make a mixture with rice flour , chickpea flour, red chili powder, turmeric, chat masala and salt.
- Sprinkle over chips and sprinkle just a little water.
- Deep fry them.
- Nice yummy due to chat masala and of course its nicely bitter .
- Well, we just need to eat few .
- I also bought a ready made pack at Indian store and they were really good with just a hint of bitterness but of course more greasy. Home made is more bitter.
- As we enjoy bitter flavor, we also need to learn to enjoy bitter words.
Simple movements that works on thyroid , parathyroid. Basically you push chin into the chest , come up and then push chin out. Repeat 10 times. When done , relax and keep focus on throat. Observe the air passing through throat.
Also learn to relax. One way to relax is do your favorite activity.
This is the 1st time am posting video and will have to learn to do better. That’s learning .
Every Indian is familiar with tava pulao and love it. But times have changed and white rice is off the list for health nuts like me. And sometimes ppl are forced due to sugar. Quinoa pulao is a very good option and taste very good too.
- Sauté onion, tomatoes as usual in coconut oil.
- Add vegetables like carrot, peas, green beans, colored pepper. You can add paneer or tofu also.
- Now the star ingredient. Pav Bhaji masala. (Available in Indian stores and very cheap) Add salt.
- You can also add some cashew nuts.
- Add cooked quinoa and adjust masala.
- You can add little garam masala too.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
- with the side of yogurt or raita, some chips or papad and it’s a fun meal.